[Dailydrool] Jacques update/Boardwaddle

Sherrilyn panama_jacques at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 21:12:50 PDT 2008

Thanks to everyone who wrote to me on and off-list about Jacques's diarrhea issues last weekend.   I gave him Lomotil for a  couple of days, and he is doing much better now.  He's got a spring in his step again.  Poor old guy had me worried!

I had a FABULOUS time at my first Boardwaddle!!!  I'm glad Pw. Annie and Auntie Beth talked me into going.  I drove up to NJ from my friend's house near Annapolis, and got to Ocean City about an hour after the Olympics had begun.  It was a hoot watching the obstacle course and the high jump events.

There was a bit of an unfortunate incident after the games on my way to the hotel.  I was looking for a drugstore and ended up on the Garden State Parkway by mistake. And then I somehow ended up in a lane with the toll booth machine covered up, so I didn't pay the toll.  I'm sure the car rental company will be forwarding a ticket to me.  phooey.  Anyway, after finding the meds I was looking for (and eating some chocolate to calm myself down), I got checked in to the hotel and had a little rest before the evening's activities.

The pawction was pawsome!!!!  There was tons of fabulous stuff, and there was a lot of wild bidding going on.  I was fortunate to have the winning bids for a necklace and for a fabulous whinestone-studded jacket.  I'm told that the picture on the back of the jacket is of none other than the elusive Fifi Lepew!!!

We awoke on Saturday to a lovely day for a pawrade.  Unfortunately, the hound who was to be my date was unable to make it.  However, I had the pleasure of the company of Auntie Marilyn's new baby, Chunky.  I think he was the hit of the pawrade!!!  Lots of folks on the sidelines commented on how handsome and sleek he was, and everyone was amused and amazed by his giant paws.  It was a huge change of pace for me to walk a hound at a speed faster than .25mph!  He was such a ham--anytime there was a slowdown along the route, he'd flop down on the ground like he was too exhausted to go on.  But as soon as traffic starting moving again, I'd say, "Come on, Chunky!" and he'd hop up and trot along like it was the beginning of the pawrade.  By the time we hit the boardwalk, the weather was turning cooler, and a brisk breeze was blowing in off the ocean. It was a bit of a challenge taking Chunky into the ladies' room with me at the end of the pawrade.  He visited several women in the
 adjoining stalls while I was trying to take care of business. hehehe  It was unbelievably cold by the time I got to the picnic area.  I wanted to stick around to see the games and contests, but I wimped out and went back to the hotel.  I had a little nap and got warmed up, and then it was off to the farewell dinner.  We had Aunties Dawn, Beth, Kay, Moosebarb,Marilyn, Ilene, and Sandy at our table, so things got a little silly.

A huge THANKS to all the Tri-State volunteers who put on such a spectacular event.  The highest pledge-getters brought in astounding sums of money, which will help lots of paw hounds.  Well done, everyone!!!!  Thanks for a grand time!

There is a glitch with my computer, but as soon as I get it figured out, I'll be posting a link to my pics from Boardwaddle.

Sherrilyn