[Dailydrool] Rough Housing Question

bassetmom at frontiernet.net bassetmom at frontiernet.net
Mon May 12 05:34:23 PDT 2008

Hi All,

Rosie, our 2 year old basset, and Toby, our 11 wk old basset pup, have
started rough housing like crazy.  They have their mouths open biting
at each other and are growling at each other while tumbling over each
other.

Rosie is very gentle and doesn't bite the puppy...but he is biting
her.  He tried biting our old spaniel and she told him off and he
leaves her alone.

But, Rosie really wants to play...so is it good for them to play like
this??  She seems to be putting up with too much biting from the
little guy.  I don't know how much to interfere.

What do you think??

Sarah,

Basset mom to Rosie, Toby & Obie (ATB)