[Dailydrool] Buppy Schooling & Gum Eating

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon May 12 12:30:38 PDT 2008

First of all, we're sending drool to those that need it, and around ehre we
have pleanty!

Yesterday it finally happened... Joey finally schooled the buppy! See,
Checkers has been here for almost 6 mos., and should be 2 in July. Him and
Checkers usually play (alligator mouth or tug of war) pretty well, but
Checkers doesn't have his "off button" yet (could it be back ordered with
his brain?) and he'll occasionally go after our ornery old spaniel, who want
nothing to do with this sort of play. Well, Checkers has been schooled a few
times by Crispin (the spaniel), pinning him, snapping at him, etc., but Joey
usually is just like "whatever..." and it doesn't phase him. Well, last
night Joey was getting comfy, and all curled up in a ball next to me, and
WHAM! Checkers jumps onto the couch and lands square on top of Joey. All we
knew was there was a snarl, and a yowl, and Checkers went darting across the
room shooting evil looks back. No tooth marks on him, but he definately gave
Joey his space for the rest of the night! I swear, that buppy still hasn't
learned not to bite the old boy's tail, and not to disturbe a sleeping Joey!
Hopefully the pack hirearchy is just about worked out, but we'll see about
that. Afterall, Checker's brain hasn't arrived yet, so he may just still not
get it!

As for gum, I vaguely recall reading on here that sugar free gum is bad for
dogs. Is that the case? This morning, while I was in the shower, and mom was
walkng the boys, some pup knocked her open purse off the counter, fished
various items out of it, and ate or shredded them. As this is the usual
method of operation for Crispin, we're assuming it was him who did it.
Anyway, most of the items (with only a few small pieces missing) were
accounted for, except for gum... Mom had like a half pack or more of Trident
(so it's sugar free) in her purse, and she found the holder, and a few
wrappers, but the gum, and most of the wrappers are still m.i.a. Now, he's
pulled this in the past, with no ill effects, but like I said, I recall
reading this was bad for them. So, we're hoping that all will be well, and
no one will have any ill effects! I swear, all three boys are turning out to
be major counter cruisers!
-Karrie, momma to Joey, aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)