[Dailydrool] Adults and Buppies

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue May 13 04:28:12 PDT 2008

As with Gus, Mitchell seems to really enjoy the Buppies. When THE LITTER
came along and we released the little rug rats from the ex-pen outside for
the first time, Mitchell was in heaven! After an initial "OMG what are
THESE?" response from him, he would lay down in the grass on his side and
wrassle from that position. I have photos of Buppies with the Basset Death
Grip on Mitchell's throat as he lays in the grass, his tail a blur. He uses
all the vocalizations that he uses with the grown-ups, but if you look,
those huge jaws just barely move. He is  an incredibly kind, gentle dog and
I am always humbled by his patience and his obvious enjoyment of the babies.
(After they reach a certain age, this is no longer true. But while they are
genuinely puppies, he is a paragon of gentleness.)
By the way, the Boyz are JUST beginning to learn to play a little more
gently with Mitchell than the others. Turnabout is fair play.

MomPerson to Mitchell, Nigel, Llewis, Zelda and Cooper