[Dailydrool] Moo Dogs

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 15:34:25 PDT 2008

Helena, to keep your dogs from ingesting dangerous chemicals on lawns, try growing a pot of grass indoors for them. Buy wheat berries and oats, organic if possible, and plant a pot of them. I keep two pots going most of the year. When the "grass" gets ratty, I dump the pot and make a new batch. One is useable while the new one is starting. You can get the grains at an organic market or online. Here is a good source:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/landing.jsp?go=Home

Keep the seed in the freezer to keep it fresh. You can plant it directly from the freezer.

BTW, I also add fine cuttings of the grass to Merlin's dinner in winter. Gives him the greens he craves.

Linda and Merlin