[Dailydrool] Blunders in Southern Living

Jaclyn Whitehorn jwhitehorn at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:28:28 PDT 2008

Zoe -I love the fact that you tried geckos.  And the boys enjoyed the extra
toys, I'm sure.  ;)

I've lived in the south all my life and Alabama for over a decade this time.
 I can talk about roaches.  :-P

> 1. Are there organic, pet safe roach killers out there?

Yes.  Cats and shoes.  Conveniently you already have the first, and I'm
assuming you have the second.  After all, you just moved to the south.
 (LOL)  Newspapers and magazines may work with the smaller versions, but
usually don't have enough weight to get the big suckers -- the ones that
look like characters from Men In Black.

> 2. Does it hurt a c at t if they eat and hork up a couple?

Apparently not.  My four cats leave me roach pieces all the time.  Although
best I can tell, the pieces I find are what they left.  Looks like if they
get eaten they stay eaten. Lovely, huh?

The biggest thing to remember is that having occasional roaches is not a
sign of a dirty house.  They just get in, and there's really not a lot you
can do about it.

Jaclyn
Abbie & Josh (why don't we get geckos to play with?)
Pepper, Morris, Zack, & Pandora: the roach squad