[Dailydrool] Flash - Fat Basset

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 11:27:55 PDT 2008

If you are being diligent about Flash's diet and he is not losing, I would request a full Thryroid panel.  The basic thryroid may not show anything.  My Cassie (ATB) was hypothyroid but the basic test didn't show anything.  She actually had some rare T3T4 anomaly that showed up on the full panel and my vet had to send it to UC Davis to figure it out.  She did the same thing...on a strict diet with increased exercise and kept gaining weight like a sumo wrestler.