[Dailydrool] Need Drool

Gbounders at aol.com Gbounders at aol.com
Fri May 16 16:35:17 PDT 2008

Once again I am writing to you wonderful folks on the Drool.  I can't  begin
to tell you how much you helped with our "limping" Rudy.  And I  thank you all
so much.  I read every Drool and gain so much information and  joy.....and
share in the sadness of the losses and illness and needy  hounds.  Rudy quietly
slings drool to all in need!!!  Now his elder  sister, Ivy, our beloved 11
year old Golden Retriever, is in need of all the  drool you can spare.  Ivy had a
stroke last night.  It seems to have  effected her left side.  Our Vet put
her on prednisone for just 2  weeks....a tapering dose to help the brain
swelling.  All Ivy's blood work  came back just about as perfect as it could get.
Ivy is very confused  right now and needs assistance with almost all functions.
Rudy is so  puzzled and lays by his big sister (who is also his bell hound!).
 We are  hoping Ivy will regain some of the necessary functions as time goes
on.   She had trouble going outside but once there did potty on very shaky
legs.   It is so sad to see.
On the issue of Rudy....he is slowly improving and does real well except
with racing to chase the deer out of the yard.  Then he tries to follow Ivy  and
falls and rolls over on his back.  I have started both dogs on Innova  food.
It is what they feed at Michigan State Vet School.  Both like  it and tolerate
it well.  I was hoping it would put a halt to Rudy's toxic  dog emissions
(gas) but so far not.  Our daughter, Kim, brought down a  light she used on her
horse to try on Rudy.  It is called Light  Relief.  A very benign procedure
that does give some optional heat.   We are seeing really good results on both
Rudy's limping and Ivy's back  legs that have arthritis.  Wish we could join you
at the Michigan Waddle  but will be anxiously watching for photos.  Again,
this family gives a  heart felt thanks to all you wonderful people!!!  I wish we
could meet each  and every one of you to thank you in person.  I also wish we
could assist  with each and every dog that needs a forever home!!!  Lots of
drool goes  from the Gage household for all of them and all others in need.

Iris, food slave and 2nd bell hound to Rudy and anxious Mom to  Ivy

favorites at AOL Food.