[Dailydrool] FLEA CONTROL

Monique Tecson moenizzle at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 11:47:05 PDT 2008

Does anyone have any advice on flea control?

   Mona and Potato have tapeworms =( We didnt find any on Mona.. but Potato passed a few of them out a couple of nights ago. (SOO GROOOSSSS!!!!)

  Anyway, I took them to the vet today to get tapeworm shots. And they get another shot.. and another shot until they test clear. My vet said that it's the hardest kind to get rid of and If Potato has it, chances are Mona has it too "100%" (quoting my vet) He said the key to this problem is FLEA CONTROL.

  I thought keeping them current on Frontline/Advantage and washing their beddings every week was enough.I guess not! They don't have live ones on them...  and thank God my boyfriend and I haven't had any bites. But I'm guessing therea are eggs/undeveloped larvae on our carpet What's a doggy momma to do?

  They are both getting a bath today, and a new application of Advantage. I'm washing their beds and vaccuuming the whole apartment.... or maybe just dropping a nuclear bomb altogether.. LOL!

  What else can I do? (Aside from telling my neighbors to pick up their dog's poop! A lot of them don't... and I think we're all just waiting for a flea outbreak...)

  I hope everyone's parasite-free!

  Monique, (the frustrated and grossed-out mom to Mona and Potato)