[Dailydrool] Home From the Michigan Waddle ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yolanda yolandalyons at tm.net
Sun May 18 16:53:40 PDT 2008

It is 7:30 p.m. Sunday night and DH and I just got home.  I can't even begin to tell you what a wonderful weekend it was!  This was our first Waddle, so everything was new and exciting to us.  We got to meet King BobtheDOg, Queen Olive, Pw. Annie, Pw. Lily, Kathy and Bob Nali, Marilyn Deucher, Beth Vogel, Pat Mayer, Donna Lindy, Linda Lartigue, Jean Harris, Bonnie and Carl Bostelman, Angelika (sp?), Dawn and Rich, Cakie and Nudgie, Gramma Jo and Melissa ... oh geez, I know there are many more, but my mind is numb from Basset overload! ;o)  I will be uploading pictures to an online album tonight, so I will post the link as soon as I am done.

The weather was pretty good, for the most part.  We had a brief downpour during the registration today, but the sun came back out.  It was chilly and WINDY, but the parade was awesome.  Unfortunately, we couldn't get a spot for pictures of the Bassets at the end, but I already had enough to last a lifetime!

The hotel was great, the hotel staff was wonderful ... and I can't wait for next year!  To all who work so hard to make the MBR Waddle special, you have my sincerest gratitude.  It was such an amazing experience!  I know you all are exhausted, but I just want to tell you how greatly you are all appreciated.  It may be a labor of love, but it is labor nonetheless ... and because of everything that all of you do each year, Michigan Basset Rescue will continue to help Bassets find their loving families and forever homes for many years to come.

Yolanda Lyons