[Dailydrool] Drool, Slobbers, and new addition updates

Diane Fenton dfenton at ptd.net
Mon May 19 06:07:22 PDT 2008

We have extra drool now with our new addition "Fudge", so we are sending
drool to everyone that needs it "drool, drool, drool" from Howie and
Fudge!  And tears and drool for our buddies that went to the bridge.
Enjoy the buffet and give slobbers and kisses to all that are there
waiting for you with extra treats.

Thank you to everyone for your words of congratulations and
encouragement related to our new addition "Fudge".
Well it's been a whole week with "Fudge" as part of our family.  Howie
and him get along as if they were litter mates.  The cats (Fluffer and
Sable) get along with him as well, in fact from day one they acted as if
he was always here.  He is so gentle and friendly.  I don't understand
how anyone could've been mean to him.  He does however have separation
anxiety when my husband leaves the house.  First the whining starts and
then the bales and howls and then Howie chimes in and we have a
concert.  I was wondering how we would break them of this, then I
remembered seeing something about dogs barking at people in a room on a
dog training show.  I walked out of the room when they started howling
and they stopped so I walked back in.  They howled again, I walked out
again, they stopped and I walked back in.  They got the message and
didn't start up again.  I did this 2 days in a row and now it seems he
isn't howling when Randy goes out. It worked!
The other day I asked my husband if he put Howie's toys in the crate.
He said "no, didn't you?", I said "no".   One of them, gathered Howie's
purple puppy, chicken, and waabaa toys into the crate with him (Howie's
crate).  So needless to say, we purchased another crate that day and now
they take turns from Howie's to the new crate.
Also, he definitely has those strong beagle hunting instincts.  I
thought Howie had a nose, this little guy picks up on every deer trail
and animal scent that we walk past.  Howie could care less about the
deer, but Fudge definitely has those beagle hunting instincts.  There is
no way he could go without the leash, he'd be gone in a flash.  Things
are meant to happen and we were definitely meant to have Fudge.  Gee I
wonder who the next addition will be :)

Thank you for this wonderful source for basset (and furry friend) info,
Diane and Randy (slaves to Howie, Fudge, Sable, and Fluffer)
Howie
Fudge (basset wannabe)
Droopy (ATB) the first of our basset lovies
Sable and Fluffer (the 2 kitties)