[Dailydrool] trip to the vet

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 10:57:41 PDT 2008

Well, the 4 trips to the vet were not that bad, in fact, it was a nice morning.

Jean Paul and Pumpkin started the morning, and the good news is that JP lost 1/2 a pound.  He needs to lose more, but I take what I can get, and that made me pretty happy.  Pumpkin lost 3, and she doesn't need to, but she is still healthy so there is no concern about it.  It was super crowded, and Jean Paul was hiding under the bench seats, and Pumpkin was standing with her front paws on the bench completely hiding the big boy.  It made everyone in the waiting room laugh when I tried to dig JP out to get him to the assistant.  Silly kids.  Pierre and Jellybean were in the second group, and our former neighbor who Pierre really loves was there.  He got a lot of extra attention.  Jellybean pooped on my foot, and I was wearing flip flops, so I hauled the kids into the bathroom with me for a clean up.  Despite the poop, Jellybean was much more calm than usual.  There was a man in the waiting room, which had cleared out considerably, with an 11 week black and tan bloodhound puppy.  Her name is Ruby, and she was as cute as can be.  She came from North Carolina, and her Dad is the 3rd highest ranking bloodhound the man said.  In two weeks, the man is going to Texas for a basset puppy.  Looks like a great home!!!!  Pierre also lost about 1/2 pound.  Mama (me) is proud.  Jellybean is skinny, and she stayed the same.  Nigel and Colette were group three, and I could tell the assistant was getting weary.  My dogs are  very strong, but I am used to it, and I have developed the strength to hold them, but they take the assistants by surprise every time.  Each hound tries to bolt to the exit rather than go to the exam room, and for pedicures and anals, the techs do it while I stay in the waiting room.  Nigel was so determined to exit, that he did his entire walk to the exam room backwards.  It was he who prompted the assistant to say, "I need to go to the spa to fix my back".  Colette just wags her tail non stop and makes everyone smile with her happy face.  Nikki and Max finished the adventure, and Max won the award for the best behaved basset of the day!!!  Nikki was telling off all the other dogs in the waiting room.  She is not aggressive, she just likes to bark like she is trouble.  After she was finished, I asked if Max was still the winner, and she said, hands down yes.  Nikki has a lot  of energy.

Now it is time for everyone to take a nap.

Prayers and drool to all in need.

Jackie, Pumpkin, Jean Paul, Pierre, Jellybean, Nigel, Colette, Max and Little Nikki