[Dailydrool] Problems with Iams/Eukanuba

JACQIE MARVICH oakrydgebh7 at msn.com
Tue May 20 12:37:37 PDT 2008

I had been feeding Iams for about 7 years until about 3 months ago. First thing I noticed was some of my dogs refusing to finish their meal and that is defintely not normal here. They also began having like dry heaves and drinking lots and lots of water. Way more than normal. All this seemed to coordinate with Iams "new" ProActive foods that had started appearing in the stores and I was buying. I began scrutinizing their over all appearance and was not satisfied with what I saw. The final "straw" was when the price began to jump and Iams is now up to almost $35.00 per 40 lb. bag. Up from approimately $25.00 in my area. Having had experience with talking to this company before, I chose not to call them but I did write them to tell them that I was not impressed with their proactive formula food and that I would no longer be feeding Iams to my dogs.

I have returned to Diamond which I had used for well over 20 years prior to switching over to Iams. Diamond now has All Natural formulas and my dogs are eating like the used to and looking and acting like themselves again. I feed the All Natural Lamb & Rice formula which costs about $20 per 40 lb. bag. They still get Dynamite Showdown added to their food as they always have and the seem to need a little less of it to stay in proper weight.

We had been feeding our weimaraner Eukanuba and she developed a severe skin problem and got very ill with an intestinal bug. Within a week of switching her to the Diamond, she was voer the intestinal and her skin is almost back to normal after about 4 weeks. It will take a while for the hair to return. I no longer recommend feeding Iams or Eukanuba pet foods and have contacted my puppy buyers who were feeding it to their dogs.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets