[Dailydrool] Mag's check up

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:26:44 PDT 2008

Maggie, age 8 1/2 years, went in for her annual check up today. Being the
nervous fur mom that I am, I suspected something would come of it.  She
received her Lyme and DHLP-P vaccines and had her check up.  First, the vet
listened to her heart for so long that it made me nervous, then he looked in
her ears and smelled one of them. I was thinking please an ear infection and
nothing wrong more then that.  No to the ear infection. He palpitated her
belly and nothing was enlarged and all was fine. My daughter asked him if he
was checking for a gastric by-pass.  Crazy kid. Anyhow, I asked him about
her heart. He said it's fine. I said, no not fine, is it good? He said well,
it is good enough for what she needs it for. So, what does that mean, I
ask.  He said, well, it does what she needs it to for her age. I was like,
oh my, then what's wrong with it.  He said nothing, she is good to go.  I
guess his wording was just scaring me for nothing when he said good enough
and then it does what she needs it to for her age.  Dang vet. I think he
wants to see if I will have a panic attack or something.  He was very nice
to her and talked ever so gently to her and even called her Mag (nick name)
and examined her on the floor so she didn't have to be lifted to the table.
I think Maggie was so scared on the way to the vet that she decided to get
back at me. It is a block and a half walk and she did a #2 so big that it
took 2 poo bags to get it all.  My son, age 9, ended up picking up what he
could with the first bag. I find it so nice that they are learning proper
pet care at such a young age and hope they continue on in their adult
lives.  Then, when we came out of the exam room, this very huge and
rambunctious boxer jumped at her barking and the owner was trying to control
him.  The vet tech kept looking over at him as we were checking out and
scowling, after I said he almost ate Maggie.  She was concerned for Maggie
and I like that they know my name and the hounds' names at the vets so it is
more of a personable relationship and just not some name on a file.

We are about 20 drools behind on reading so not sure what's been going on in
drool land yet.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver