[Dailydrool] House of "Puppies"?!?!

Melynda Majors mmajors at dcemail.com
Thu May 22 18:09:47 PDT 2008

Marilyn of House of Puddles just got a big surprise! Her newest addition,
April, is pregnant and about to give birth any day! Marilyn says:

"I just found out April is pregnant. Kim & Amy, the vet techs were here
tonight to cut nails and Kim, who house sat while I was on vacation, said
her nipples looked way bigger than they were before. I had kind of thought
so, too, but was hoping it was just because she's gaining weight. Amy works
for a vet near here and had me follow her up there to take a quick x-ray (it
was after hours and I didn't have to pay). She pointed out two spines, she
said the puppies looked really big. She thinks April might go into labor in
the next couple of days. What am I going to do? I don't know nuthin 'bout
birthin no puppies."

April came from a hoarder situation. You might remember reading her story on
a DD back in April. She was rescued by Bluegrass and got her first ever bath
and name-a very sad story. April had been seen by the vet a couple of times
but at her age and in her condition, even though they knew she likely wasn't
spayed, no one even conceived of the fact she might be pregnant-she's just
so thin and frail.

April's age (probably 11 or 12) and overall frailty have Marilyn really
worried that she and/or the puppies might not make it, plus the fact that
they are so large means there may be something wrong with them-who knows who
or what their daddy was.  I know Marilyn would greatly appreciate your
thoughts, prayers and drool-her email is (olddogs at houseofpuddles.org). We
thought this was House of Puddles not House of Puppies!!!

You can read more about April at http://tinyurl.com/3v5p3l and the other
olddogs at www.houseofpuddles.org.

Melynda, the Momslave to
Becky & Lilly