[Dailydrool] Mishgun Waddle

Melissa and Jo mibassetrescue at comcast.net
Fri May 23 08:56:23 PDT 2008

Just a week ago today it was all getting started!! We have MANY people to
thank for coming here and supporting our biggest and most important
fundraiser. Though the numbers were down (expected with the price of gas and
the lousy weather forecast)....278 bassets officially registered, it was
still a big success. It might not have been if it weren't for KING Bob the
Dog's hard work at fundraising and all you Droolers supporting his bid. We
also need to thank Queen Olive's Fudge Lady Mom for making POUNDS and POUNDS
of fudge and thanks to the Droolers for buying it all! Dawn and Rich came in
with LOTS of pledge $$$ from hawking the beautiful matchboxes (if you haven
t got one, order yours today!). John Falk was once again in the top ten
pledge $$ donated!! Thanks John! EVERYONE who came and brought pledges,
bought basset crap, won auction items and bought raffle tickets and food...
THANK YOU!!

We hope you all had a GREAT time. It's SO much fun to be surrounded by
hundreds of bassets. One is cuter than the next. I love the way they look up
at you and "smile" as they go by. Thanks to all who have been sending in
photos from the weekend. All our Waddle Committee people are enjoying them a
LOT. We are so busy running around thru the weekend that we miss out on
seeing everyone and every basset.

We want to thank the hotel for allowing us to have the picnic in their Grand
Ballroom! I REALLY hope they got the carpet replaced this week LOL!! We
hated to move it inside, but it ended up being the right decision. It rained
and POURED at 2:00 during the picnic. Out at the outdoor picnic spot the
weather was even worse. BIG BIG wind, hail and rain there.

Let's all STOMP STOMP STOMP NO RAIN for the RAMBLE.....and NO RAIN or HAIL
for Waddle 2009!!!

Melissa and Jo

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets