[Dailydrool] Bassets and flies

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Fri May 23 19:12:38 PDT 2008

Paddi B Basset absolutely hates, despises and loathes flies. She gets quite haggard in the summer since if she hears one buzzing around she has to interrupt her nap to catch it.

She is very sneaky about this, sitting motionless with only her eyes moving from side to side until the fly is spotted, then snapping. Since the snapping often follows speedy head motion, with resultant swinging of ears, I fear the day when the ear arrives between her teeth before the snap is completed. So far it hasn't happened.

Billy (ATB) didn't give a hoot about flies -- I always thought this was just a Paddi thing. I should have known better!

Mary
and Paddi B Basset, the one-dog exterminator