[Dailydrool] Sean's Birthday

Deb Good dlgood66 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 11:46:57 PDT 2008

Today is Sean's first birthday.  Poor little guy has the runs so the special "cookies" we got for him will have to wait a day or two.  He is enjoying the toys we got for him.

Last summer I found out that an acquaintance of mine who shows Bassets had a litter of pups.  When the pups were old enough for visitors I went to see them-and kept going to see them.  I fell in love with those little fur balls.  The acquaintance became a good friend and I went to a show with her and fell in love with that too.  So I decided to take one of the pups to show.  All three of the girls were spoken for, as were two boys, leaving 3 boys to pick from.  The boy that I really liked was slated to go to a pet home so I had to make a tough choice.  I spoke to my friend often and she helped me to choose the right pup and Sean was it!  (A fellow Drooler also helped me out at Nationals this past fall.  I won't mention her name in case she doesn't want it publicized, but she knows who she is and a Big Thanks to her!).  He finally came to live with us when he was 7 months old.  He is sweet, and huggable, and smooshy.  He's still all puppy!  He was h*** to
 house break and he's full steam ahead into his teenage behavior.  I've never had a male dog before so this is all new to me.  I'm an over-anxious mom, but with the help of fellow Droolers, Sean's breeder and my friend, and my wonderful vet and his staff, we're muddling thru.  All the big guy wants to do is play and poor Pippi is just content to sleep so we've had some "skirmishes", but they've worked things out for the most part.  (Except when he's stealing the blanket right out from under a sleeping Pip, as he's doing now!).  Basically Pippi seems to think that he's just "a big Dork!"  His "for real" sister (and Dad) live with a family of Droolers who don't post often, but Sean wanted to pubicly wish Olivia a Happy Birthday as well.  (And "hi" to her slaves).  If you're ever at dog show in Pa or Ohio come look us up.  And for those coming to Slobberfest this year, stop by and meet Mr. Sean (as we call him), and get re-acquainted with Miss Pippi!  Hope
 to see everybody there!

Deb