[Dailydrool] Jane and metal noshing

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Fri May 30 10:50:47 PDT 2008

Today Mom put me in the van, so I knew something was going on. I wasn't happy at all. But then I discovered that she and Dad were taking me to the Wicked Vetlady. I know what that woman does--all kinds of evil things are at her command. So I started getting nervous as soon as I set paw inside the door.

Did that stop the humans? No! They dragged me into her office, and just as I'd guessed, she took me back into her lair and did wicked things to me. I tried to object--the whole place must have heard my howls, but no one helped me. Then the vetlady stuck me with two needles--one of them tried to make me sleepy, but I fought back. This wicked woman made me lie down and took pictures with her funny camera. And she CUT MY NAILS!

After the funny camera pictures were done, she told the humans that I'd eaten something. DUH, of course I eat things! But this time she says they stuck in my tummy and colon. Seems the humans were right when they told me not to eat metal things. I hear that I have to go back there on Monday for more pictures. Mom and Dad are hoping these things will have moved, or they will have to do even more nasty things to me!

After she sucked my blood with a needle, Evil Vetlady sent it somewhere, to make sure there's nothing else wrong. Tomorrow Mom will find out what's going on with that.

Mom says I have to ask you all to sling drool my way, 'cause this all could be really nasty. She's already complaining about her pocketbook, though I know she has a really nice basset one.

Mom here: Yep, Jane swallowed two metal objects. Wish I could tell you what they were. One looks like a thread with a head on top of it. The other looks like half a washer. Though this is not life threatening, we need to do something about it.

I hope it does not come to surgery. I've always been afraid Jane would do herself in with something like this. If her nerves are bad, imagine what mine will be like if she does need surgery.

And no, Jane never did get really sleepy from the tranquilizer. She just stopped some of her howling.

SEND DROOL, SEND DROOL, SEND DROOL.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets