[Dailydrool] nail clipping

JW firefly at citlink.net
Fri May 30 13:30:34 PDT 2008

I'm open to suggestions here.  Norton B was injured by a groomer a year or
so ago when she was clipping his toenails (not just the quick but she hurt
his leg too).  Now I can no longer trim his toenails.  He snarls and really
gets pretty nasty.  I've tried muzzling him, no help, I've given him
benedryl to calm him, no help.  I think short of knocking him totally out by
a vet I'm up against a wall.  Does anyone have any suggestions??  His nails
are like claws now and Once in a while I can get one of them clipped when he
is totally asleep but only one so that's no help.  As soon as he sees the
clippers (any type even a dremel) he runs.  Any suggestions??

Janis and the Havasu Hounds