[Dailydrool] ANNIE IS SICK

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Fri May 30 13:26:23 PDT 2008

Well, I should have known better than to open my big mouth , and  giving
advise on sick Bassets,  Annie got really sick , started  yesterday afternoon with
diarrhea and continued through the night into this  morning, I started her on
Kaopectate and thought that would do the trick ( NOT )  I called the vet at
8:00 am  and he told me to bring her in and a  stool sample,  I usually have an
iron stomach, but this stuff was real  nasty and I almost got sick.
He said there was lots of YARD debris in her stool sample     DUH !!!!  she
is like a goat, everything goes in her mouth.  she is  lethargic but other wise
she still eating and drinking  and NO VOMITING.  just severe diarrhea. He
thinks at this point that she has colitis. he saw no  parasites in her stools and
he said that her stomach is not bloated or hard, he  doesn't believe there is
any obstructions. so he gave her a injection of  Baytril  ( she is allergic
to penicillin )  and he put her on Flagyl .  If she is not better by morning, I
have to take her in for X Rays, she seems  some what better this afternoon,
she at least got excited when my husband came  home from work and she tried to
take a ball away from Maggie.  that is a  good sign,  she looks so pathetic. I
should have seen the signs ( stupid me  )  she has been doing a lot of
stretching and groaning  so she must  have had a belly ache for a couple days now.
But she was acting normal and  being devious so I just didn't put two and two
together.
Now,  I sure would like to order a calendar, but it sure seems  complicated,
especially  being I am computer illiterate.  can  someone help me with this
?????

Marlene

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.