[Dailydrool] Vet bills

Chris Dowd cdowd_postalpros at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 11:36:05 PDT 2008

I think the price is reasonable, but I'm a bit amazed that he would order so many tests all at once.

When I don't know what is wrong with a dog I bring in we start with the most logical test first and if that doesn't identify the problem we go from there.  I brought Charlie, my lastest rescue, to the vet yesterday because he has a rear leg problem.  The vetman did an x-ray first and that showed basically good joints, but a heavy buildup.  Then he tapped the knee and sent the fluid out for analysis.  In the meantime we started him on antibiotics.  Hopefully we'll know Monday, when the test results come back, what the infection is and why he got it.  I'm sure there are a whole lot more tests he could run, but he won't unless it's necessary.

There may have been a good reason that your vet felt it necessary to run all those tests - it just seems excessive to me.

Chris