[Dailydrool] New fly-hunting technique discovered -- no success yet...

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Sat May 31 14:12:05 PDT 2008

Paddi B Basset, fly-hater extraordinaire, has discovered a new technique for hunting the wretched beast.
Step 1. Sit in the living room. Spy a fly up near the ceiling.
Step 2. Remain seated, but lift your butt slightly to indicate your intensity. Gaze skyward. Pharoah out your ears. (I think this is similar to the flying nun -- she puts her ears up to their full extent, which means they go out about an inch at the head end and don't really move much at the ear end.)
Step 3. Growl.
Step 4. Bark. Intersperse with growing as required.
Step 5. Repeat until someone makes you go out in the back yard (once they have stopped laughing.)

So far the method has not been markedly successful, but it is being tried with great enthusiasm. No doubt further refinements will be made. I will report them as they occur!
Mary
for
Paddi B Basset