[Dailydrool] snoring

julie jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:16:09 PST 2008

It is cloudy here and there is a whole lot of snoring going on.  Unfortuately not by me.  Everyone (houndage) is in a comfy spot and is snoring.  Ninja has her head on my leg making sure everyone knows I am hers, Maggie is on the loveseat curled in a ball and Marley is the the easy chair snoring.  I am going to work soon but may have to change clothes unless fall fashion dictates lots of hair on pants.

We have always let our hounds get on the furniture and don't think it is a bad thing.  We just have to watch about sitting if wearing dark colors.  there are covers on the couches that do get washed but only stay hairless for a minute or so once back in place.

We also let them sleep with us.  When we got our first hound she was 8 weeks old and the runt.  She had her own room with her bed and toys and even an alarm clock to keep her company.  Didn't last long.  Sassy couldn't stand to be by herself  ever.  After hours of whining and crying I put her bed on the floor next to our bed and still had to put my hand on her to get her to quiet down.  that got very uncomfortable very fast.  Next stop was in the bed curled next to my tummy.  Then she was quiet and we never looked back.  She did sleep in her own bed some after we went back and got her sister. Daisy May.  She wasn't alone anymore and they were inseparable.  All of the hounds since have slept with us or one of the boys.  Now we usually have Marley and Ninja while Maggie sleeps with Nic.  This morning Nic had his arms wrapped around Maggie and he was holding her like a baby--no small feat for a 70 pound dog.  Marley likes to sleep under the bed and Ninja likes to sleep where ever my feet are supposed to go.  And she does not like to be moved.  Neither does Marley.  If anyone tries to scoot Marley over she will spring up grumbling and go get under the bed, mumbling the whole time.  Then when everyon is asleep, she creeps out and gets back on the bed and under the covers.  Even during the day she likes to be completely covered so she is our "undercover" basset.

And now son#3 wants a corgie.  Do they like to herd bassets?  I don't know about this but we will look into it I guess.  And we will go through rescue.  Just not the one we tried before.  I have never met such a rude person in my life as the lady who runs one of the local corgie rescues.  We will steer clear of her.  We got a lecture from her on how we were mistreating Sunny bercause she looked so old and was having trouble getting around.  Well, she was old and had arthritis everywhere.

We hope all have a good day.  Snooters and snores from Ninja, Marley, and Maggie
and the mom