[Dailydrool] Pictures

julie jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 17:58:48 PST 2008

Today was the day to take the Christmas picture of the girls.  We'll do the boys later.  Have to wait to get them together.  Anyway, we decided to go outside since the sun was shining and it wasn't too cold.  We got set up with the bench and then got the herd together.  I don't know if three bassets is a herd but it sure feels like it.  We put leashes on them and then collars with bells and antlers.  Well, we tried.  One set was too small for any of them because I didn't know they were sized.  Marley got the small one and the collar wouldn't fit.  I was not going back to the store.

We were out in the front yard trying to set this up with the DH, Nic(Large, slow, 16 year old), me and three very restless, ornery bassets.  The 19 year old son would not come out to help.  Might get a hair on him or something.  Nic sat on the bench and we positioned the bassets.  Then one of the neighboring sheep dogs came by with her teenage walker.  Ninja decided that sheep dogs should no longer walk in front of our house and proceeded to try to remove this one from the planet.  She backed out of her collar and almost flew to the sheepdog.  We are screaming like banshees trying to hold on to the other two while Nic, the slow, gets up and rescues the sheep dog from the Ninja jaws.  No blood was shed but not for lack of trying.  Nic picked Ninja up and returned her to the bench where we tightened all of the collars a bit.  We got all of the antlers and collars adjusted and then tried to get everyone on the bench.  They didn't fit too well.  Ninja became a lap dog so she could be held in place.

DH had the camera and I had the treats so we began the dance that would get us a good picture if we are lucky.  I waved treats and cajoled bassets to look at them while the camera worked and worked and worked.  We took group pics and individual ones with Nic holding on to all of the livestock.  I really owe him something.  For all my talk about how slow he is(slow enough to amass quite a string of tardies at school among other things) he is really good natured and a very good kid.  He loves the girls and plays with them a lot.  Maggie sleeps cuddled up to him every night.

When it was all over we had three slightly crabby girls from being restrained so long, three very hairy people, neighbors who think we are just plain crazy, and 81, yes 81, pictures of three basset girls in their antlers that managed to look something like devil horns.  Out of 81 pictures we got a few that are respectable.  I am not doing that again.  That little episode filled my fun quotient for the day.  It was even less fun than the root canal I had on Thursday.

I just have to figure out how to do the pictures for the card.  None are fantastic but they'll do.

That was my Sunday afternoon.  How was yours?

We are sending snooters and drool to all who need them.  To many sad drools lately.  My boys think I am nuts to cry for babies I don't know but I can't help it.  It makes me want my loves back that are gone.  Even grouchy old Sunny.  Josh  has only come home twice since then.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Snoring and dreaming in Illinois.
Ninja, Marley, Maggie and the Mom remembering Daisy ATB 1995, Sassy ATB 1996, Sherlock ATB 2007 and Sunny ATB 2008