[Dailydrool] advice for new kitty

Taylor family jklmtaylor at verizon.net
Sun Nov 2 06:48:01 PST 2008

Ok so hubby has approved another resident- a feline. Janee my BROOD basset has lived with cats before in foster homes and should like if not ignore the new addition. 2 yr old wannabe poodley girl should really enjoy a younger playmate. But I have ?'s I have only had dogs for about 2 1/2 years and never cats and dogs at the same time. I'm looking for tips as to where to keep food dish, litter box type to keep dogs out of kitty roca... Also what about the yard? In nice weather we keep screen door open so dogs can come and go as they want. Will kitty need training to stay in yard or come back if it also has free access?
Kitty is a rescue from coworker whose daughter works at animal shelter. She will be spayed soon and is used to living with 3 dogs. Thanks for ideas, can reply on/off list, Lisa adn WV girls