[Dailydrool] Abby's Photos

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:04:31 PST 2008

OK Droolers,I went back to PetSmart and spoke with Patty of 'It's raining Cats and Dogs' and I now have Abby for a week. Took her home and bathed her (4 shampoos & 1 Conditioning) and she was a real trooper. Cleaned the ears and she never so much as growled and I knew her less than an hour and we were showering together!She has a great temperment and loves to be petted and is great on the leash. She's a very good girl. Turns out her original owner had to give her up (believed to be a financial hardship), he gave her to a family who kept her for aproximately 4 months and they surrendered her to animal control (a kill shelter). Animal Control called 'It's raining Cats & Dogs' and Patty picked her up yesterday. Poor girl, I'm sure she's confused and so very, very tired. Thus far she got bathed, brushed, ears cleaned, fed some good home cooked chicken and rice, had two long walks (her tail was up and wagging the whole way) and now she's tucked in on the couch under a nice soft blanket and is snoring away. Rosie and Abby are doing well except at food time.  They both have a bit of food aggression so tomorrow one will eat outside.  Rosie never used to be this way but it started a couple of months ago when we had an overnight guest. I don't feed them in the same place but Rosie likes to check out the bowl of our visitor to make sure nothing was left and Abby wasn't going to allow this and there was some snarling and growling.I'm attaching a link to some photos we took of her. Somehow, her tongue just never seems to be fully in her mouth, is anyone else's Basset like that. It's cute but never saw that before.Please pass the word - Abby's looking for a loving home and we're in South Florida (Boca Raton). Here's the link to her photos:http://picasaweb.google.com/bvillanueva/AbbieSPictures?authkey=SJDuZC6ezzg# Drool and Peace to all....