[Dailydrool] Grumpy Basset

julie jules56pt at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 05:11:59 PST 2008

We would like to send drool to all those who are not feeling well like Bob, Miss Pauline, and any others.  We hope everyone gets a good start to the week and feels lots better today.

We would like to wish George a happy birthday and many more.

We are all feeling well here.  Yesterday the girls got to go to the dog park to play.  We all got to go but only two of the girls got to play.  There must have been at least 20 dogs in there and we were a little afraid to turn everone loose.  We finally let Marley and Maggie go and they were little angels.  They sniffed, rolled, ran, sniffed some more, and got lots of pets and belly rubs.  And then there was Ninja.  She started bellowing as soon as we got out of the car and never stopped.  My husband kept her over to the side when we got in the fence away from everyone and she was still bellowing.  One lady came by and said that she must be the designated barker for the group.  She was the only one who was saying anything in dog speak anyway.  While I kept a close eye on the other two, Ninja bellowed and protected the dad.  Every dog in the park wanted to meet her and she tried to eat them all.  She was just obnoxious.  We think she was being protective but are not sure.  Ninja spent the whole time on her leash.  Someone thought she should be outside the fence so my husband started walking to the gate.  The rest of us were going to stay another few minutes but Maggie and Marley followed the dad and we all left.  A good time was had by two bassets.  As we waled back to the car, a little girl came up to Maggie and said she was a really cute beagle.  It was funny.  Maggie is very unbeaglelike.  but she did like the petting.

Another note to the dogpark scenario  is that Maggie went to the water bowls when she first was turned  loose.  There was a beautiful bray and white pit bull about half grown close and still on a leash.  Before Maggie had time to lokk around the pb tried to grab Maggie by the throat.  The gal with the leash pulled the pb away and Maggie just looked at her and went to play.  Not a growl or angry noise anywhere.  What a sweet girl.

We hope everyone had a good weekend.

Snooters from Ninja(I was just protecting the dad from all those sets of teeth)
Marley(I love the dog park.  Lots of people rubbed me Can we go back? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?)
Maggie(That was fun and fun and fun.  As long as I always get to go home.)
and the Mom