[Dailydrool] Basset Maws: To Angelika

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:46:13 PST 2008

Angelika you got it 100% right. When I was a tech, the non-Basset people
could not BELIEVE how huge their mouths are and how deep (no pun) their
throats. If you return from giving a Basset a pill without slime dripping
from pinkie to elbow, you haven't given it properly.
Even when Nigel gets his pill, which is small, and cut in half, I put it
waaaaay back even tho he is getting a treat instantly after-= in fact he
doesn't even get to close his mouth, that's how fast I get that biscuit in
there. ONCE  spit it out anyway. I blame myself -- I didn't go deep enough,
or I went to one side, or I wasn't fast enough and this is not tramadol,
this is just something else.

Nigel wants everyone to know that I am a lazy mommy. I took goodies and went
downtown (in our little town) to lay a track by some old buildings, trying
to start him out on VST tracking. Instead, I stopped to visit my friend at
her painting studio, began looking at some horse books, used up two hours
and came home without laying a track.

He did not write this because he is sulking.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper