[Dailydrool] Opie - BOTW

Barbara Rocheleau brocheleau at snet.net
Tue Nov 4 07:08:54 PST 2008

Just a little info on Opie who is competing in the Basset of the Week....Opie is a five year old (we think) we rescued from Looziana Basset Hound Rescue two years ago.  He is the greatest guy anyone could ask for and what a love!  When he came came off the transport truck he came right over to us like he knew we were waiting for him.   He rode home with his head hanging out the window as if he were showing everyone that he was here. ("a real dog" my son says)  We got home and introduced him to his "sister" Layla (who wanted nothing to do with him) and he came into the house, got a drink of water and went into the living room and started chewing on some toys and then went to sleep.  He never skipped a beat and the beat goes on!  He loves everyone, is an attention hog and does not want his mom giving anyone attention but him!  His first month here he had kennel cough and his leg in a cast because of a sprain.  He made good friends with
 the girls at the Vet Hospital real quick.  Last March he was diagnosed with Heartworm...that was a long treatment and recovery, but he did it and just had a NEGATIVE heartworm test last week....yeah Opie!!  He is quite the comic and keeps us all in stitches.  He and Layla are the best of friends now.  We took him out for a ride to see my parents last weekend and after an hour at their house he got very unsettled and barking.  We decided to come home and he went right up to Layla, gave her a big kiss and the two of them went out to play.  He is just so darn cute! (Layla does not travel well and likes to pee on any rug she can find...she is a stay at home dog).  We love our boy!
His picture is from St. Patrick's Day this past March. He did not drink the beer, but is napping on the couch as if he did.  He is laying on the couch, not standing on his back legs....the picture had to be turned....
Take a look at my beautiful boy!!

Drool to all in need....

Kisses and snooters..
Barbara, Layla and Opie