[Dailydrool] OEBE membership

Jane & Marty Hay jhay at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 4 07:28:23 PST 2008

Ok, so how much destruction does one beautiful basset girl need to do to be considered a member of the OEBE? Our Ginger (fondly known as Pita!) thinks she needs to be included. So far this week (and it's only Tuesday morning!) she's eaten the DadP's glasses, shredded a whole new roll of paper towels, decided that her bedroom (a bath room off the family room) needs to be redecorated and shredded some of the wallpaper, gotten into the (very expensive specialty) cat food numerous times and that's up on a counter, chewed the wicker dog toy basket into itty bitty pieces, shredded the cardboard out of the cat scratcher....the list is endless. And I'm home most of the time!! Right now Suzy's outside so she's whining at one of the cats to try and get him to play and thinking about chewing on the door jam! This little girl is a pill! She came to us as a foster and (believe it or not!) we love her dearly. I've come to realize that, if it's quiet, she is absolutely up to no good and usually has a partner in crime by dragging along Suzy. We have many, many toys for these Houndettes to play with but Ginger usually seems to choose something that I'd rather she not have. Fortunately she hasn't gotten hurt on anything yet because we're pretty basset proofed. She's going to be two in December but I really think she's a seven month old basset in disguise! How about it? Is she eligible for OEBE status? Believe me, this is only a small sampling of her shredding abilities!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger (aka Pita!)