[Dailydrool] Bassets on the bed

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:41:26 PST 2008

First of all, the boys are sending drool to all those who need it, and to
those who've lost a furkid to the bridge recently!

Enter Joey, Crispin (the spaniel) wasn't too keen on him for awhile, and he
was relegated to my parent's bed, and sleeps sidewaysed on their pillows.
Joey's foster mom said he used to have bed privledges with his first family,
but at her house no hounds on the furniture. So, he reluctantly slept in his
(really big) dog bed. Yeah, that lasted about 2-3 hrs! The first night I got
him, I tried blocking him from getting onto my bed, and he finally curled up
on his dog bed on the floor. Until about mid-night or 1 am, then I had a
75-ish lb. hound land on my tummy! He, of course, curled up and conked out
like it was nothing, I on the other hand, didn't sleep much.
Now a days, he's decided that not only does he need to be on the bed, but he
needs his own pillow, and to be under a blanket (he has his own, but prefers
to share with momma, and will bark at me to wake me up, to lift up the coner
of the blanket so he can climb under!) and, he usually climbs under the
blanket snooter first, meaning that if I turn the wrong way, I wind up with
dog butt in the face! (yuck!) He also is a bed hog, and slowly pushes me
into the wall, and sprawls way out. I swear, he sprawls out so much, he's
about 2x his original size in his sleep!
--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473