[Dailydrool] Ohio Senior has arrived safe and sound!

Kathi Lockhart slave2bassets at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:59:31 PST 2008

She's here!

Please welcome to Drool - Belle.
I went to pick her up about 2:30 today and had to wait about 30 minutes for
the girl who found her to get there. I was like a kid at Christmas, waiting
to see her. When she arrived, I just fell to my knees and started loving on
her. She is such a sweet baby and she looked a lot better than I expected!
She seemed exhausted and, after I got her in the truck, I could tell she had
a fever. I took her straight to our vet.
Doc says she is younger than the shelter said. Maybe 7 or even a little
younger. She is about 40 pounds, spayed, and heartworm negative. How anyone
could dump this beauty is beyond me. She is ill, probably kennel cough but
our doc says her lungs still sound clear. She has a fever of 104 so we are
starting a course of antibiotics and some rimadyl to try to get the fever
down.
When we got home, I brought her in the back gate and let her look around a
litle. As you can imagine, she is a little scared and shy and, of course,
doesn't feel good. I then let my herd out to do the usual meet and greet.
She growled a couple of times but who wouldn't with 9 others trying to sniff
your rear all at once. After that, she wandered around the yard and finally
laid down on a tarp Steve had covering the lawn equipment.
I gave her a little time to get comfortable and then brought her in the
house. After a few minutes of exploration and a drink of water, she went
into Hannah's crate and laid down.
I cooked her some chicken and rice for dinner with a lovely topping of pills
hidden in cream cheese. She ate it all and now is snoozing at my feet.
Here is a link to some pictures of Belle:

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r177/slave2bassets/Belle/

Thanks again for all the drool and prayers. I an so happy that it turned out
this way!
Kathi - Slave to Fogarty, Marla, O'Tay, Sam, Beauregard, Ned, and Hanna B -
Hershey and Klause the Wannabes - Belle the new arrival - and Forever Loved
Einstein, Harriet, Honey, Miss Droopy, and Abbi (All waiting ATB)