[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - The PART-EE!

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Wed Nov 5 19:42:59 PST 2008

It's me again - Norm!

Sorry about the delay in this part-ee report, but we just got home from
Virginia Beach and the censors have just released the pics.

The gettin' ready part of the part-ee started Saturday afternoon.  Grady and
I staked out this really neat dog park where we were camping, if you want to
call our house-on-wheels camping.  We took the decorations down there - our
fiber optic punkin, our singin' basset and our special light up Halloween
basset.  There were already picnic tables there for the food, as well as
these big tubes to run through, a climbin' thingie and these sticks in the
ground you could weave through.  Of course, there were a nickzillion trees,
a big hills, and a big water bowl.   Hoagie and Johnny brought the extra
bottle of Jose Cuervo from under the sing and dumped it in the water bowl.
Next, the guy came with the music - Brudder Bob arranged for the tunes - you
guessed it - he played "oldies".  Jake's B-B-Q arrived with the food!  OH MY
GOODNESS!  Jake sure does know how to order up the food!  We had ribs,
chickie, steak, oysters, taters, baked beans, watermelon, southern style
greenie-beanies and ice cream!  What was Jake thinking when he ordered those
baked beans?  That was going to be a problem with O.F. Grady and Elder
Clara.  We might have to call in the Environmental Control Squad from the
Naval Air Station for them!

We were ready!  Just about then, the biggest, longest limo I have ever seen,
not that I have seen many, pulled up.  When the doors opened, there was da
Brudder Elwood, Brudder Jake, Brudder Bob, Sister Daisy and Elder Clara!
Then the girlz arrived and they were smellin' mighty fine.  Kassie was all
spruced up and bouncin' around.  Chrissie was strutting her stuff and
lettin' everyone give her those special girl sniffies.  Ouija was really hot
and was all about Brudder Elwood.  She definitely had her eyelashes goin'
overtime for him!

Just as it was beginning to get dark, the action heated up.  Grady and Elder
Clara wandered off into the tunnels!  I think it was a tunnel of love at
first sight.  But man oh man!  The fumes comin' out of there were something
else!  Good thing no one lit a match!  Hoagie and Sister Daisy hit it off
right away.  They are both kind of the quiet types and they went up on the
hill watchin' the F-16's flying over.  Kassie and Brudder Bob were in rare
form!  They were boogie-ing to those oldies!  Look in Nigel's dictionary
under TWIST & SHOUT and you might find their pics there!  Johnny, Opie and I
were feelin' kind of weird and goofy and kept chasing each other up the hill
but ended up rolling back down each time.  I think it was that Jose stuff
Johnny put in the water.  Now about da Brudder and Ouija!  There were
embarrassing!  Couldn't keep their paws off each other!  Wrestlin' around
and chasin' and makin' goo-goo eyes at each other.  On time they disappeared
and I was gettin' a little worried about Ouija's honor, but they were just
climbing that A-frame thingie.

Our special picture taker took some pictures so you can see us all in our
Halloween costumes.  The really good pics didn't make it pass the censors.
They thought they would be a bad influence on other doggies.  Check out the
pics at  http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/swittenberg/

I am sure that da Brudder will report on the part-ee too and maybe tell you
about the little "spot" of trouble he had.

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys