[Dailydrool] Watson's Birthday

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:25:35 PST 2008

Hello everyone,
Today Watson turns 2 years old. It seems like yesterday that we picked
him up from the breeder's house in Denver and brought him home on a
below zero winter's night. On the hour-long drive home, he slept in
his crate the whole time and only started to cry once we pulled into
the drive way. It was two days before christmas that he came home, and
he was such a wonderful present to me. It was lucky that we had an
enormous snow storm that closed down the city for three days after
christmas so that I could stay home and be there for Watson's first
days. He was a tiny little guy who we could pick up with one hand. It
was so cold we bought him a red sweater with a star on it that Watson
outgrew in two weeks. Watson is now a 55 pound puppy who has become a
full fledged member of the family. His nickname is The Nugget and
sometimes he even responds to it. Watson brings so much joy to our
lives and happiness to our hearts. He serves as the most perfect
de-stresser I've ever had, and every day that I get to come home to
him is a blessing. Even when he's being difficult or refusing to go to
bed at night, I love him so much I feel like my heart will burst at
any moment. When he learns a new trick, I swell with pride. Watson is
my baby boy.   Today, while we were mopping the floors, Watson had to
hang out in his crate. I was sitting at the kitchen table and out came
Watson's first ahrooo! What a perfect milestone for today. I can't
believe my baby nugget, my noodle is already two.

Tonight Watson will get a birthday present - a new squeeky toy - and
some tasty homemade treats. I spent all day at home with him today. We
had a nice morning nap while watching the news, and this afternoon we
hung around and snacked on cheese and crackers. Tonight he'll have ham
on his usual dinner and plenty of snuggles throughout the evening.

Happy birthday my baby boy - I love you!

We send drool and snooters to all who need it.
Katie and Watson (I more year before that pesky brain arrives!)