[Dailydrool] Unhappy Basset

beachmoose beachmoose at windstream.net
Thu Nov 6 16:30:12 PST 2008

This is Sammie of the Beach Bassets pawing in.  I'm the new guy, or at least that is what Mom says....she always thinks of me as the newbie 'cause I don't run with the other three bassets here even after over two years.  Life is good, but all the other bassets here are Democrats.  I know, it's awful for a fine Republican hound like myself, but that's the facts.

For the past couple of days Walter, Fiona, and that bully, Mudbone, have been teasing me about the election and how now that Florida is a BLUE state I need to find a new home.

I told Mom and Dad that I don't think I can stay here under the circumstances, what with the new president and stuff.  They say if I'm that miserable that I should find a home in a RED state where I can be with my own kind.  Dad said he'd pack my bowl and even buy me a red collar if it would make me stop whining about politics.  He said he was tired of me staring at him and looking miserable all the time.  Mom walked in from work last night, took one look at me and said to Dad 'You told him, didn't you?'.  Dad said that he hadn't told me but that I might have heard it on the TV.   They don't talk about the election in front of me for fear I'll get upset.  Well......I AM upset.

So, I'm asking you, what's a hound to do?  I need somebody to take me in.....but I don't want to go to any cold state.  Maybe Arizona?  Mom says it's hot enough there to melt my feet.  I don't like the cold, not one bit.  I'm a southern hound.  I'm just so confused.  Mudbone says he's not taking anymore of my nonsense that I'm going to just have to adjust.   He said no one would want a sissy uptight hound like me in any color state.  He is just low class and crass.  No manners, no sir, none at all.

I'm getting tired of thinking because I think it's dinner time.  This time change thing has my tummy all confused.  Send me an email if you want to take me in.  All I do, pretty much, is sleep and eat.  I'm not too much into exercise, but I do hate wrinkles on my bed.  Mom says I'm a fuss-budget.  Someone here has to have standards.  Good heavens, there are even, ugh, shudder, gag, cats here.  I really need to upgrade.

Waiting patiently for someone to take me away,

Sammie in Florida (a BLUE state!)