[Dailydrool] dasuquin and poop

jaxh412 at aol.com jaxh412 at aol.com
Thu Nov 6 19:45:00 PST 2008

I switched my houndies Truman and Reagan Mae to Dasuquin from Cosequin last year. I originally switched to Dasuquin with MSM (it basically makes the dasuquin act faster and can act like an NSAID (like Deramaxx or Rimadyl) so MSM can have digestive affects like NSAIDS). And the Dasuquin with MSM made Truman's stools EXTREMELY loose, Reagan Mae had no problems but Tru did. ?So I switched them to the form of?Dasuquin without MSM and still noticed issues with Tru's stool. So for the summer I discontinued the Dasuquin, but we just moved from Georgia to Utah and Truman's arthritis is acting up again so I am going to try the Dasuquin again... Overall the Dasuquin seems to work better for both of my hounds joints than the Cosequin... it is just balancing the better joints vs. loose stools... hmpf... hard choice!
If you're using the version with MSM maybe try the version without. Also, try mixing the cosequin in with plain fat free yogurt to help the digestion, that is what I am going to try.
Good Luck!
Truman and Reagan's Momma, Hope