[Dailydrool] dead birds and stinky stuff

missbecky sauble at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 6 22:04:13 PST 2008

Rest assured if there is anything horribly stinky and vile a basset has to roll in it or anything dead.
I caught Miss Becky the other day in the park feasting
on the back end of a poor dead rabbit - you just can't
leave them alone for a minute.Becky also caught mice and the new place has a few and my cat vanished.
I had to retrack steps when she wasn't behind me and when Dazey visited nursing homes as did Miss Becky we cut through a field and there
was Dazey rolling in the most god awful stinky thing possible.
And the time Miss Becky rolled in cowpies in Airdrie, she was
absolutely green and wondered why she wasn't getting any pets. After the cowpies she took to a mud puddle to finish.  She hates
water but the stinky stuff seems to make her happy.
Bears roll in stuff like this to disguise their scent - why bassets do it is beyond me. The old Airedale would never
dream of doing that but then again there was lots the Bassets did the Airedale would never do and one was
stealing food.
Georgie and Miss Becky