[Dailydrool] Thank You and the Urn

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 7 15:08:06 PST 2008

Thank you so much to everyone who sent kind notes about Solomon and his sad ending.  I am grateful he picked me to come to in his final hours.  My vet routinely cremates any dogs not being buried by the owners, but for a little extra, they'd separate him out and I could get his ashes, so I opted for that.  Many urns are out of my price range, but I discovered when I looked for one for my Nellie's ashes in July, that a ginger jar is perfect, and there are hundreds on eBay and most are inexpensive.

 So, I went on eBay. The story of it is one of those "freaky coincidences." I had gotten the ginger jar for my Nellie's ashes back in July. When I logged on to eBay in search of one for Solomon's, the account opened with a slideshow of items similar to things I have purchased recently (sort of like a "Well, you bought this before, so you must like to buy this often" type idea, I guess.) Well, the last 10 things I've purchased were books and art supplies, but the slideshow that came up was for ginger jars! So, feeling guided by Solomon, I started looking at some. He was a dark tricolor, so I was looking at a Japanese dark brown one with a peacock on it for some reason [it sort of looked a little too gaudy to me--bright teal and chartreuse with orange]--and then I looked at the seller: Solomon6465!! Then I decided to type "King Solomon" into Google to see if there was anything associated with the man that I should look for instead, and the Wikipedia reference comes up with a drawing of him on his throne, and on the stone steps at his feet is a peacock!!! I think that's enough for me--this urn is the one Solomon wants :)

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 7
Murphy, Jeremiah, Twinkie, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Solomon (ATB), Sapper, Flappers, the Bitty Sisters, Poppi, Betsy and Ginger
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!