[Dailydrool] Baxter has a little sister!

Dana Shumaker danashu at verizon.net
Sat Nov 8 13:58:37 PST 2008

We weren't planning to get another basset when Samantha went to the
Bridge--figured Bax would be an only child.  One of my co-worker's told me
her Mom had a 1 year old basset girl named Cleo--she was working odd shifts
as a nurse and wanted to find a good home for her.  Asked Brian and he said
that we could try it for a weekend to see how the grumpy old man  (11 years
old) would react.  Well, Cleo snookered Brian immediately--kind of the way
Baxter did 9 years ago!  They had some alone time today and there was no
bloodshed and minimal carnage to the house, soooo....as Momperson adivsed
me, we're going to go for it!!  Bax is already letting her know the
limits--pretty good for a boy that never was the alpha doggie!  So, I'll let
you know how it goes!

Dana, Baxter, Cleo & Samantha (ATB)