[Dailydrool] Happy Gotcha Day Sophie

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon Nov 10 09:34:40 PST 2008

It was a year ago today that DH and I drove up to Dallas to meet our
little skin and bones Sophie.  She was 5 months old, and so skinny and
malnourished, and still she had an innocent joy that burst through her
whole body the moment we met her.  She came running up to us, her tail
wagging her whole bony body and I knew the instant I saw her little face
that she was mine and I was hers and she was meant to be our girl.  The
whole way back to Austin she rode right between my feet on the floor
sound asleep, and only woke up when we drove through the McDonalds drive
thru.  Her nose picked up the scent and she went CRAZY!  This year has
been full of so much joy and happiness because she is in our lives.  I
haven't regretted getting Sophie for an instant.  I know our family
would be incomplete without her and I couldn't imagine not having her
love buried deep down in my heart.  As far as skinny goes, she doesn't
know what it means to miss a meal or a treat or a goodie dropped on the
floor by her 4 two-legger siblings.  I call her my little tuba-wubba!!
So HAPPY GOTCHA DAY my beautiful Sophie doo dah!!  I love, love, love
you so very much and I am so very thankful to the basset angels for
sending your precious love my way.

Love your momma, Jessica L. Sutton, your sister pup Diva and your whole
family!!!