[Dailydrool] more ? @ bell hounds

Taylor family jklmtaylor at verizon.net
Mon Nov 10 16:32:56 PST 2008

Since I am quite new to dogs (less than 3 years now) I have more bell hound ?'s. How many dogs/bassets usually make up a howling pack? I only have 2 here and 1 is a poodley mix. Does anyone have any ideas what starts the bell hound a-howlin? Does it go back to their tracking roots? The only time I ever heard Janee howl was when an ambulance went by on vacation 2 years ago.The youtube video of Frank and Sarah just got mine scrambling to the windows barking crazily -not howling. THank,Lisa adn the WV girls