[Dailydrool] Heading for California (with two deader bassets)

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Tue Nov 11 07:05:13 PST 2008

Looks like a trip West for my soon to be dead girls, Lillie Pearl and Lowretta.  I can't say that we won't miss them some, but the calmness and serenity that will permeate this abode should overcome the guilt of murder.

The pansies have recovered somewhat for now.  The sidewalk is finished and the red dirt stains are almost gone from the girls.  Yesterday, however, as I was finishing up the sidewalk, breaking my back in the process, I had a cake in the oven for an important meeting last night.  I had sat my timer on a stool outside so I could know when my cake was finished.  Busy as a bee, I continued my work when I heard a crunch followed by a series of three beeps.  Looking up I saw these two soon to be angels fighting over my timer.  With sand now all over me, my feet and my hands, I ran inside to check my overdone cake.  Washed up, went to town, bought more cake stuff, and came home.

 I have explained to the girls how much I love them.  I have explained how it will hurt me to kill them.  And I have explained that there is a very nice person in California that will take them, dead or alive, with toys.  I have also told them they may get to finally meet Nigel when we get there, although they may not be able to remember it.

We'll give it a few days and see if gas prices fall any more before heading out.
By the way, swapping bassets is not an option anymore.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Almost Dead Lowretta and Lillie Pearl, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)