[Dailydrool] Cookie...Are You Sure It's 3 Years???

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 17:32:58 PST 2008

I was desperately hoping that Bassets settled down at 2 years.  I'm not sure
that Daffodil and I will live for the next 18 months.  Actually, I'm not
sure that the building will survive.

Months ago she decided to eat a bit of the vinyl floor in the living room.
OK, so I moved a loveseat over the area and life went on.
She wanted to see what was on top of the stove and turned the gas on...no
dials left on the stove when not in use.

The other night she must have been bored, and sad because she had already
disemboweled all of Daisy's stuffed toys and had none left to destroy.  She
probably sat on the loveseat, looked around for something to do and decided
to see what made the loveseat arm so soft.  Since I had long ago given the
living room and furniture over to the dogs, I just covered it with a blanket
and sighed.

Tonight, while I was right beside her and working at the computer, she
decided to remove one of the tiles next to my chair.  I'm so used to hearing
her chew on a rawhide that I didn't pay any attention.  Thank goodness our
contractor left an extra box of tiles for this room.

I don't really think that the building can stand another 18 months.   If she
wasn't the sweetest and most loving basset, I'd speak harshly to her.  As it
is, her big eyes look at me and she snuggles in for a kiss...I sprayed the
tile tonight with Bitter Apple and I think it hurt her feelings.

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil