[Dailydrool] Bell Hounds

Melissa and Jo mibassetrescue at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 16:51:16 PST 2008

Our Wonderful Earl (ATB) was the very BEST Bell Hound. He had a certain bark
he would do. He did it to each of the other dogs individually, running from
one to the next until he got them all going...even the ones who were asleep
would start making funny noises while asleep and then suddenly sit up and
throw their heads up and HOWL!!!!

He was such a great Bell Hound that he made a record to raise funds for
rescue. It was called, "Humping to the Oldies" (he had a reputation :o) Lots
of copies were purchased by Droolers wanting Earl to teach their non-singing
hounds to sing.  The "album" had many songs...all sounding the same: "How
Dry I Am", "99 bottles of Beer on the Wall"..."Ain't Too Proud to Beg"...
you get the idea.

The Bell Hound thread brought back pleasant memories of our Earl. Thanks for
starting it.

PS- Our Harvey is now our Bell Hound.

Melissa and Jo
Michigan Basset Rescue