[Dailydrool] Bell Hounds

Sherry Faulkner saf47 at cableone.net
Tue Nov 11 15:26:18 PST 2008

Our Maxwell (ATB) was probably the finest Bell Hound, ever. This is an
absolutely true story, too:

He would line up the other 3 (or 4) on the porch and stand below them on
the patio and start them singing. If someone was out of pitch, he'd stop
them, stomp his feet or shake his head in disgust, and restart the
choir. When everyone was "in tune," he'd join in with his rich baritone
voice and the music was beautiful! They'd all stop at the same time too,
as if on cue.

He also took it upon himself to teach all the young fosters how to sing.
If they didn't do it right, he'd grab their muzzles with his mouth and
shut them up, only to start them over again until they got it right.
He'd bay, they'd try. He'd bay, they'd try. He'd bay and if they got it
right, they'd sing a duet.

I tried so many times to hide behind the privacy fence to video them,
and just as soon as I'd get them in the view finder, he'd stop the music.

Sherry Faulkner
Vinita, OK
Slave to Reggie, Bear, Honey, Henry and Joey the foster boy