[Dailydrool] Doggie Doors

Carrie Pfeiffer cpfeiffer at pekinhigh.net
Wed Nov 12 06:33:31 PST 2008

I know this subject has been talked about before so I apologize before hand for boring anyone.  I really need a dog door but my DH is adamant that we might as well just prop open the house doors and let the winter weather in and not worry about cutting a hole in anything.  I would like any info on getting a dog door and brand suggestions that might be better now that Illinois winter is here.  After getting up 6 times last night with a sick dog I have had enough and darn near did prop the door open in the 40 degree weather.  My husband is adamant that it will make the house freezing cold and that I need to drop the issue.  I am also curious if anyone has the door that goes thru a wall instead of a door.  They look like they might be a little more secure as no one could just reach in and unlock the door which is exactly what I do to get in at a few of my family's garages when I forget their keys.  Are those kinds more energy conscience?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,  Carrie, Mandy & Jack the lab(my belly hurts i don't know why you don't want me to eat the grass).