[Dailydrool] To Leslie in Montana....

Vanis, Nancy Nancy.Vanis at McKesson.com
Wed Nov 12 07:20:38 PST 2008

I wish I had some words of encouragement, but unfortunately, Oregon
Basset Hound Rescue is exactly in the same place as you are.  We are now
turning people away due to lack of fosters homes. All of our current
foster homes are full.

The only way we can help now is to ask the people to keep their dogs
until we can place them.  Most of the people are not able or willing to
do that.  And that doesn't help dogs that need to be removed immediately
from abusive situations.  We simply cannot take them due to lack of
space.  The local shelters are filling up even faster.  We are getting
calls from them asking if we can take the hounds they are getting, and
we have to say 'Sorry, we cannot help'.

If anyone has ever considered fostering, please - NOW is the time to do
it.  Having talked to other rescues, Montana and Oregon are not the only
ones who desperately need these foster homes.  Please contact your local
rescue and volunteer to foster.  Even if you can only temporarily foster
once or twice to help during this rough time - that will help out
tremendously.

Nancy