[Dailydrool] Bell Hound

Deb Good dlgood66 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 11:34:56 PST 2008

Currently, Sean is the one and only Basset in residence here and I really do beleive that my 12 year old daughter is the "Bell Hound".  I tried and tried to get Sean to howl by "roo-rooing" at him and nothing.  Then my daughter puckered her lips, tossed her head back and "Wooooooooooo" ala "Snoopy" and Sean let loose with the most wonderful deep bay.  They've been practicing ever since for the howling contest at next summer's Slobberfest!  I've tried numerous times since to get him to do it, and nothing.  I think my daughter pities me.  After awhile of me trying, she just shakes her head and says, "Here Mom, let me do it!"

Deb