[Dailydrool] Watson was hit by a car

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Wed Nov 12 22:57:59 PST 2008

Glad to hear he's safe.. but the whole incident gave me an idea ...

you know how they have shock collars for under ground "invisible" fences..
why not a radio collar that emits a signal.. and in the house, or at
opposite ends of the house.. why can't we have receivers that when the radio
collar goes out of range... the receiver emits a tone to let us humans know
someone isn't where they should be?

I know some company recently did this with a GPS unit ... but that's
ridiculous, expensive, and requires subscriptions and for the distance to be
greater than 5 feet "outside" the zone.

or if not a radio receiver ... the inverse of the invisible fence.. when the
dog's collar goes near the underground wire the tone goes off back in the
house .. of course the underground wire in this case has to be further out
than your fence line or even if triggered at specific doorways... out of the
garage door ... but not the door that goes to the back yard.. or something
similar??

Anyone seen or heard of anything like that before???

-Robert